The One Minute Preceptor
This training module that must be revisited annually as an integral part of the facilitator preparation procedure.
The Problem Oriented Medical Record (POMR):
This module centers on the concepts of POMRs and how to provide feedback to the students. Module 1 is also given to the students to review prior to the DCs.
Providing Feedback and Debriefing
This module is split into two parts: 1. Providing effective student feedback and utilizing proficient techniques; 2. Approaches for conducting productive debriefing sessions.
- Pocket Cards: Feedback Tips, Feedback Flow Chart, Debriefing Tips, & One-Minute Preceptor
- Podcast: The truth about honesty
- Giving and Receiving Effective Feedback (Article)
- Twelve tips for giving feedback effectively in the clinical environment (Article)
- Debriefing 101 (Article)
- Difficult debriefing situations (Article)