This page is dedicated to your student evaluations at the conclusion of the DC week. If there is a need to plan a final meeting to assist in filling out the evaluation forms for the clinics and individual students we can make those arrangements during the DC week.
During the week we have scheduled meetings to discuss how you can best help your students recognize some of their own strengths and weaknesses, and thereby helping them grow from this experience.
Client Evaluation Forms:
- REQUIRED – Clinic Evaluation: It is used to discuss how the group worked together as a whole and how they worked together to present the case to you.
- OPTIONAL – Individual Student Evaluation: It is used to give the students both positive input on their perceived strengths and constructive input regarding areas that you believe need improvement. At a minimum, we hope you will give each student some SPECIFIC feedback during the face to face de-briefing on Thursday.
Student Evaluation links will be emailed during the week of DCs. Depending on the need there maybe a Friday morning meeting set aside for a “Client Evaluation Session” where clients can come to discuss and complete the clinic evaluations. These evaluations need to be done within a week after the DC concludes.
All forms will be completed and returned to your DC clinics and individual students as part of the feedback process.
**DC1 ONLY – Just a reminder, please beware of SCORE INFLATION on your DC1 evaluations.
- In general the DC1 scores are and probably SHOULD BE lower than DC2. Please be constructive and try to give the students specific goals/areas of improvement to work on in DC2. There probably shouldn’t be any perfect or near perfect scores for DC1.
We help students best by identifying areas where they can improve, not by just patting them on the back. DC2 is a place where we should expect to see better performances and that is facilitated by providing constructive criticism and specific input in DC1.
Whatever you do, please use the Exceeds Expectations sparingly. If students are truly exceeding expectations on very many categories, especially on the first DC, I would argue that our expectations are not very high. We want to set the bar high so that they might truly excel in the future.
- Use this form to discuss how the group worked together as a whole and how they worked together to present the case to you.
- Online Form – You will be emailed the evaluation form as a survey. You will need to complete one survey for EACH clinic. Once you start the survey for your clinic, you have to complete it. Your progress will not be saved.
- For the “Comments” sections, you are welcome to prepare those in a word document, then cut & paste into the survey. So, please feel free to write in depth about any impressions, thoughts, or concerns.
- Once completed email Rachel Halsey.
- For your reference ONLY – A Hard (paper) copy of the clinic evaluation form were provided in your DC Client Handbook.
- It’s important that students receive feedback – both positive input on their perceived strengths and constructive input regarding areas that you believe need improvement.
- As a client, you may choose to provide only oral feedback (in the de-briefing sessions on Thursday afternoon) OR oral and written feedback – using the provided form for the latter.
- It’s important that students see your input as constructive and not destructive. Please be sensitive and seek help from your facilitator or other members of the DC Group if you have questions or concerns.
- You may use the forms as you deem best and should not feel obligated to fill out a form on every student. However, please note that our students ARE typically hungry for your input – especially when that input is specific.
- If you have the time and interest, you may choose to make separate appointments with your students on Thursday or Friday in order to provide more individualized feedback face-to-face. Your facilitator can help organize this.