PEAR investigators are continually making significant contributions to the field of alcohol and drug addiction. See some of our most recent contributions below:
- Murphy, S.M., Campbell A.N.C., Ghitza U.E., Kyle T.L., Bailey G.L., Nunes E.V., Polsky D., (2016). Cost-effectiveness of an internet-delivered treatment for substance abuse: data from a multisite randomized controlled trial. Drug and Alcohol Dependence, 161, 119-126. doi:10.1016/j.drugalcdep.2016.01.021 sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0376871616000491
- McDonell MG, Skalisky J, Leickly E, McPherson S, Battalio S, Nepom JR, Srebnik D, Roll J, Ries RK. Using ethyl glucuronide in urine to detect light and heavy drinking in alcohol dependent outpatients. Drug Alcohol Dependence. 2015;157;184 187 PMCID: PMC4663163 sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0376871615016865
- Barbosa-Leiker, C., McPherson, S., Daratha, K., Alicic, R., Short, R., Deiter, B., Roll, J., & Tuttle, K. (accepted). Association between prescription opioid use and biomarkers of kidney disease in US adults. Kidney and Blood Pressure Research.
- Wilson, M., Roll, J., Corbett, C., Barbosa-Leiker, C. (2015). Empowering patients with persistent pain using an Internet based self-management program. Pain Management Nursing, 16(4), 503-14. doi:10.1016/j.pmn.2014.09.009
- McPherson, S., Howell, D., Lewis, J. M., Barbosa-Leiker, C., Metoyer, P. B., & Roll, J. M. (in press). Self-Reported Smoking Effects and Comparative Value Between Cigarettes and High Dose E-cigarettes in Nicotine Dependent Cigarette Smokers. Behavioral Pharmacology.
Grants and Funding
- National Institute on Minority Health and Health Disparities (NIMHD)
- National Institute on Drug Abuse (NIDA)
- National Institute on Alcoholism Abuse and Alcoholism (NIAAA)
- Patient-Centered Outcomes Research
- Institute (PCORI)
- Health Resources and Services
- Administration (HRSA)
- The Foundation for Alcohol Research (ABMRF)
- Alcohol and Drug Abuse Research
- Program (ADARP) Pilot Study Program
PEAR is not endorsing nor is it paid to promote any of these entities. The intention of providing these links is for the limited purpose of providing information to other entities.