Lauren Cook

DVM student Brooklynn Balic stands with a cow

Hi, I’m Lauren!

lauren.n.cook@wsu.edu

I’m a DVM student from Washington and completed my undergraduate studies at here at WSU. I started the DVM program on the Pullman campus as a member of the class of 2027. This is my first year as an ambassador!

I’d love to talk to you about the Clinical Simulation Center, clubs, and the SAVMA store!

Areas of interest

• Small animal medicine

Club involvement

• Veterinary Business Management Association
  • Feline Club
  • Dental Club

Extracurricular activities

I like living in Pullman because it’s a gorgeous landscape compared to living in the city. The Palouse sunsets are out of this world and all the rolling hills make wonderful scenery to look at. I encourage people to travel downtown because there are so many wonderful local business that love supporting WSU students.

My best advice for incoming students would be don’t be afraid to get involved early on in your veterinary career. I encourage students to join a club, take an elective, job shadow in the VTH, etc. Everyone is here to make your veterinary experience fun and memorable, so don’t be afraid to jump into anything as you will be welcomed with open arms.

There are so many opportunities to get hands on experience in the WSU regional program. One of my favorite places to get hands on experience is the Clinical Simulation Center. This is available to all students starting from the first day of school and allows a safe environment for students to practice and improve their surgical skills. Additionally lots of the clubs on campus have fun labs, field trips, etc. that allow students hands on experience with animals. Lastly, the VTH has lots of shadowing opportunities for students to get involved and can explore different fields within veterinary medicine.